Monday, February 7, 2011

Dinner with Ashley

Well it's always nice to have friends over for dinner. But nothing is more romantic then having one friend over for a meal. I finally had the time and patience to make my friend Ashley G a amazing vegan meal. She was just blown away. It's a long story how we got to the point that we had dinner with each other. But it happened.

The main course on the menu was a Spinach Lasagna with Mushroom's and Creamy Vegan Ricotta. This dish was fun to make and thanks to the great cookbook "Vegan Table by Colleen Patrick- Goudreau" I would not have been able to pull it off.




Being raised to believing that you cannot have a meal with dessert. I had to make a dessert for my friend Ashley. Vegans love food just like anyone else and we are Vegan Divas.

Red Velvet Cake with a Vegan Buttercream Frosting



Being vegan does not mean that you give up foods that you love. It means that you work hard to veganize into something that you can love.

2 comments:

Girvinator said...

i just couldn't love you more! dinner was fantastic, dessert was splendid, and it was in the best company!

Anonymous said...

Hi there!
I recently came up with your blog and I really enjoyed reading you! I stumbled with this post and I was curious about your lasagna's recipe! looks so yummy! I know it is been a while since your last entry but I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts on Glipho? I bet that our users would love t read you! It's a quite new social publishing platform, where you can connect to every social network accounts, really easy to use it and communicate with your followers. In additional, you are able to import the posts from your blog in a super-easy way without affecting it at all.

Please, have a look and take a tour to know more about http://glipho.com/ and if you feel like it, in one click you can set up your account!

I hope you will join our Glipho community soon.
All the best,

Maite