Sunday, July 27, 2008

Favorite Vegan Spots to Eat

Well I love answer this question because there are so many good places to eat. But here's my list of places I love to go in New York:

Atlas Café & Bakery
73 2nd Avenue
New York NY 10003

- This place is amazing because they have the largest selection of Vegan Treats located in Bethlehem, PA. They also have a great selection of vegan sandwiches and it's just amazing. I advise people who are on a budget and fine there self near Atlas go in a get a panini and a slice of cake for $12 or a cupcake and that will cut the piece a little.

Curly's Vegetarian Lunch
328 East 14th Street
New York NY 10003

- Curly's has the most amazing veggie burger with curly fries vegan everything of course and the cheese actually melts. They have everything that a new vegan would want to have after transition to veganism. They cost would not keep you from getting back on the train because you have no more money. A good meal from Curly's will cost you under $10.00 and they are really nice people.

Madras Café
79 2nd Avenue
New York NY 10003

- This place may look empty but the food is no joke. Everything here at Madras is vegetarian and they are so nice when you want something vegan. I have been here plenty of times and they treat me like family and the service is great. If you are in the area and really don't want to eat something from Atlas come to Madras which are right next to each other and they will show you how amazing Indian food can really be to the soul.

Red Bamboo Brooklyn
271 Adelphi Street
Brooklyn NY 11205

- This place is amazing. I remember my first time walking in and I was so freaked out that they had fake meat and when I got the "beef" taco trio it was just amazing. They know how to make the palate happy and put a smile on your face with their all vegan desserts.... (yummy). This is the hotspot for young black veg folk and believe me will will be so many people of color you will put a even bigger smile on your face.

Vegetarian Palate
258 Flatbush Avenue
Brooklyn NY 11217

- I love this place.... I can't believe I didn't try this place earlier. When I went here I was so happy they know how to cook the food and keep you coming back for more. The steamed veggie dumplings are so yummy I can taste them right now. This is a place you will see tons of black folk grubbing on some veg food. I love support this veg restaurant because they make the best dumplings that I have ever had in my life.... No lie.

---- I use black folk because I like it better than any other and I hope no one is offended. If there are any issues place let me know and I will not use the word if anyone has issues with it.

Enjoy exploring the veg listing.....

2 comments:

J said...

I love Curly's too! The crabfakes are fantastic. But the salad version is the right one to order (it also comes as a main dish with just more lettuce).

Nice new blog Donnie!

Donnie Smith said...

Moneragala,

Thanks so much for loving Curly's they have a place in my heart because the vegan cheese on the veggie burger is amazing.