Saturday, July 26, 2008

Being Black and Vegan

I have been vegan for almost 2 years an love ever minute of it. When I first went vegan I was so happy because I was feeling much healthier then I have ever felt better. But after a year I start to feel that I was missing something in my life. I wanted to be around more people of color who were Vegetarian and Vegan. So when I came home for the summer after my first year of college I found out their was a Black Vegetarian Society of New York and started to research and realized there were many more around the US. Veganism has been life changing and I'm so thankful for the person who let me read " Fast Food Nation" my life would probably be surround my meat and cheese. I learned so much from this book and then one day I went from vegetarianism for 6 days and then I went vegan. Life is full of challenges and obstacles an veganism can be a challenge at first but at the end of the day you are saving so many animals and the world is becoming a better place because of YOU.....

2 comments:

VeganView said...

Hey Donnie!

Looks good so far. Check out my blog if you have a chance. Hope all is well.

http://veganview.blogspot.com/

Jim McDermott said...

Donnie -- what are ur favorite vegan places in nyc