Monday, July 8, 2013

Gluten Free : Day 2 & 3 Adventures

It has been some journey this past 3 days. I have enjoyed every minute of eating gluten free and vegan. I have felt some things change like when I eat now I don't feel like I'm stuffed. I'm eating just enough food to keep me happy and I have been able to eat more raw foods which has been great. On Day 2 I started my day with a walk in Prospect Park with my friend Maritsa and her lovely dog Sadie. The weather was not the best but it was a great way to start my Sunday morning. We walked for about a hour and then head over to Sun and Bloom for some food. I ordered the Kale Salad and Maritsa and the tofu scramble. I will post photos of all of the wonderful food. I'm learning so much about my body and eating. Even though I have been vegan for almost 7 years I still always sit and think of better ways to eat and keep my body going. I have been running more lately and now I'm taking a B12 & Flax Seed Oil in the morning to start my day. Sometimes we think that eating processed vegan food is super healthy and I have to say that most fatty and greasy vegan food does not agree with my body. This journey all begin because my partner is trying to eat healthier and eat more veggies. He is not vegan/vegetarian but is taking time to think about food differently. He encouraged me to do this since I have been thinking about doing it for so long. I feel great and I'm looking forward to the next few days. Now I took the time last night to make a kale, collard and avocado salad with quinoa. It was amazing and fresh. I have been enjoying the eating more greens process of this gluten free business. When it comes to Day 3 I had a tasty Gluten Free Tofu Scramble wrap from Terri's in the Financial District. It was amazing and I really did enjoy ever bit. Tomorrow I'm planning to cook something delicious and no take out.

No comments: