Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Away to Stonehenge and Bath I GO !!!!!!

I had the chance to go to Stonehenge and Bath. Let's just say I enjoyed Stonehenge for what it had to offer at the same time I could not believe what I saw when to Bath. These are places that you should go when you are in the need to get away from the city of London or just want to have a nice little trip with friends and family.



The picture above is of Stonehenge. I'm not a fan of rocks but at the same time it was a nice way to start the morning out. We went to Stonehenge first and I might have to go back with my friends who may be visiting from Derry, Northern Ireland.





This is a picture of the Roman Baths

Next we headed to Bath which is about a good 40 minutes or more from Stonehenge. I could not believe my eyes. Bath is one of the most amazing places I have ever been in my life. The buildings, town, and everything else just made we want more of this place so I could take it home with me. It has so much history and I thought if these walls could talk they would tell me so much about what really happened in this town and the Roman Baths.


Food Time: Demuths Restaurant ( Positively Vegetarian)

This place was just amazing. I heard about it by looking at photo albums of my friend Petrina the Vegan. When I saw the photos of her meal and dessert I knew I had to make sure to get a table and tell you what I thought about the food and the restaurant as a whole.


Food is one of the most important things to me and I know to many of my readers. At the same time I want people to know that just because something does not have a animal by product or flesh in it does not mean it will be just horrible.



This was the tomato soup that I started off with 2 pieces of fresh bread and soya spread. It was just unbelievable and I could not wait to get my hands on the main course and at the the same time would have loved another serving of this delicious madness. ***** Five Stars out of Five



For the main course I had the mash with Veggie Links. It was tasty and rich. But something was really missing from the links. At the same time I could not put my spoon down to breath because it was just overwhelming to have this plate of mash and links in from of me and fully vegan. I would go back and have it again but request some more apple garnish stuff. **** Four out of Five




I was always tell people no vegan should end a meal without thinking about what they will have dessert. I was so happy to know that dessert was next on the menu for me. I was full and I knew I could not pass up dessert. So I had one of the best pieces of warm chocolate cake with chocolate on top and a scoop of soya ice cream. I was so sad to see it all disappear before my eyes. This is a must have at this wonderful place when you are in Bath. ***** Five out of Five

My experience in Stonehenge and Bath could not have been any better. I saw some historical place and had a great meal. What more can a Brooklyn Vegan ask for when traveling outside of London for the day.


More post to come. I'm a little backed up on posting because of my blog craziness.

Donnie on Blackveganism
.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Wow, Stonehenge and Bath looks lovely. I am so happy that you are documenting this all for us to see. What an interesting meal. I would be a little skeptical about the mash and veggie links, but the tomato soup looks great!